- This event has passed.
Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association Hosting Ben Gross Jr. for Virtual Annual Meeting
November 6 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Benjamin Gross, Jr. — the son of Civil Rights Activist and Politician Ben Gross — will be the guest speaker for the Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association Breakfast Saturday, Nov. 6. His presentation will follow our annual membership meeting during which we will elect our board for 2022.
Ben Gross played a vital role in helping to develop and evolve Sunnyhills, the first intentionally integrated neighborhood in the US, while ensuring the fair treatment of workers at the Ford plant. He was also one of the first African-American mayors in California. His son Ben Jr. has been reading up on the historical impact of red-lining and housing discrimination and how the coop movement helped overcome barriers to integration. What can we learn from the past to help solve today’s housing crisis?
All are welcome – join us online at 8:30 am Pacific Time For the zoom link, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association is a volunteer group of local residents who are actively working to improve Sunnyhills neighborhood and the city of Milpitas through positive activities and programs. All Milpitans are welcome to join. Our mission is to:
- Provide instruction in civic responsibility and community service;
- Enhance and support education to local residents in art, music, and science;
- Sponsor activities and public performances which enhance the quality of life for all residents in the area;
- Sponsor special events and public gatherings to promote a sense of community well-being and cohesion;
- Sponsor and conduct activities and social gatherings which bridge cultural gaps between different ethnic and cultural segments of the community.
The SNA Board of Directors (2021) includes President Allysson McDonald, Secretary Yolie Garcia, Treasurer Rob Means, and Board members BJ Navarro and Demetress Morris.